- 1 What is Mobile Banking?
- 2 Mobile Banking Features and Benefits
- 3 How to Activate SBI Freedom -Anywhere Personal App
- 4 Changing the MPIN through application
- 5 Change the default MPIN through WAP
- 6 Change the default MPIN through USSD
- 7 Steps to Activate SBI Mobile Banking – Using ATM cum Debit Card
How to Register/Activate SBI Mobile Banking – [SBI Anywhere Personal] Using ATM Cum Debit Card & register your mobile number with SBI: With the help of SBI Mobile Banking Service, you can check your account balance, check bank account mini statement and many other services.
Nowadays, it is very important to register your mobile number with your SBI Bank Account.
There are many people who do not know how to activate SBI Mobile Banking Using ATM cum debit card.
So, in this tutorial, we are going to tell your step by step procedure to activate the SBI mobile banking and register the mobile number with SBI.
According to SBI announcement (Year -2015): No online transaction can be done from SBI Internet banking online if the customer’s mobile number is not linked with the SBI.
So it is compulsory to link the mobile number with State bank so that Customer can make the online payment with ease.
There are so many features and benefits to linking your mobile number with your bank account, therefore only those customers who have linked their mobile number with the bank account, only able to consume the benefits of mobile banking.
Mobile banking mainly refers to the use of a Smartphone or other cellular device to perform online banking tasks while away from your home computer, such as transferring funds between accounts, monitoring account balances bill payment and locating an ATM.
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile banking is an online or mobile service provided by a bank or other financial institution that allows its customers to conduct financial transactions remotely using a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
In the world of digitalization, the bank offered mobile banking features to their all resident of current and savings account holders who are linked their mobile number with a bank account.
Mobile banking is usually available on a 24*7 basis.
Transactions through mobile banking may include obtaining account balances and lists of latest five transactions, electronic bill payments, and funds transfers between a customer’s and another account.
Mobile banking also reduces the cost of handling financial transactions by reducing the need for customers to visit a bank branch for non-cash withdrawal and deposit transactions.
Mobile Banking Features and Benefits
Easily Access your account:-With SBI Mobile Banking customers can access their account on mobile in a safe and secure manner. Can check account balance, make bills payment, transfer funds and also make credit card payments from anywhere & anytime with MobileBanking.
The facilities through Mobile Banking: – Through Mobile banking, customers can easily access their bank account without visiting the bank branch. These include checking account balances, viewing account statements, transfer money, payments of the bill, transferring credit card balances and Balance Enquiry.
Security: – Mobile banking is a secure service offered by the bank to their customers. It also provides safeguards and protects your privacy, identity and your financial information.
Features Offered under SBI Mobile Banking: – Enquiry of balance in account(s) Mini Statement – last five transactions
- Transfer of Funds to accounts with SBI & other Banks IMPS Mobile to Mobile
- Transfer Request for issue of Cheque Book
- Enquiry regarding Demat account
- Pay utility bills (Electricity bill, Telephone bill etc.,)
- Merchandise payments Mobile Top up Top up of DTH connections
- Payment of SBI Life Insurance premium
How to Activate SBI Freedom -Anywhere Personal App
Well, this is really simple to activate the SBI Mobile Banking (SBI Anywhere Personal). Click Here for SBI anywhere app download.
Then just follow the steps given below to activate the mobile banking with help of SBI Anywhere Personal app.
It is important to do sbi mobile banking registration in order to activate mobile banking facility.
- Firstly Send SMS MBSREG to 9223440000 to receive User ID, Default MPIN and link for downloading the application from the registered mobile number.
- After that, download State Bank Anywhere application using the received link.
- Must, Change the default MPIN through application / WAP / USSD, based on the preferred mode of operation.
Changing the MPIN through application
In case you are using Mobile Banking Service through Application, then follow the below steps:-
- After installation of the application, login by entering the User ID received in the SMS.
- Open the mobile banking application, then to prompted just accept Terms and Conditions of the Service before changing the MPIN.
- The default MPIN has to be entered in the “old MPIN” and a new MPIN of in the “new MPIN” which has to be confirmed by entering the new MPIN once again in “Confirm new MPIN”.
- After all, that, select the option “Change”. You will receive the confirmation of a change in MPIN over SMS.
- In case you have not been prompted to change the MPIN, simple select “Settings” from Main Menu and select “Change MPIN”.
Change the default MPIN through WAP
- In the first step, just open the browser of the mobile phone.
- Enter address: http://mobile.onlinesbi.com/sbiwap/
- Then, Enter the User ID and the default MPIN in the respective fields (Login id and Pin) and click „Login‟ button
- The next screen will ask you for WAP login id which will be received over SMS.
- Enter this WAP login id in the browser screen and for that open the inbox to access the SMS having the WAP login id. Enter the number received over SMS and select “Send‟.
- The next screen displayed with the Main Menu of the Mobile Banking Service.
- Click on the “Settings” option from Main Menu and choose “Change MPIN”.
- Enter the default MPIN in the “old MPIN” and a new MPIN 6 digit your choice MPIN in the “new MPIN” confirmed the new MPIN by entering the new MPIN once again in “Confirm new MPIN” and submit.
Confirmation regarding the successful change in MPIN and validation will be received over SMS and also displayed on the screen.
Change the default MPIN through USSD
- Start the USSD Session. To get more about it please refer to User Manual for MBS over USSD
- Customers will receive a response “Welcome to State Bank Mobile Banking. Enter User ID”
- Enter the valid User ID, which you have received through SMS.
- Select “Change MPIN” Options
- Read the terms and conditions related SBI Mobile banking by visiting the official website www.sbi.co.in
- Then, Press Answer and enter 1 to accept Terms and Conditions and for changing your MPIN. In case you enter 2 the session will close.
- Please enter Old MPIN – xxxxxx (Default MPIN received over SMS for first time user) and SEND
- Enter New MPIN – xxxxxx of your choice. (6 characters/ digits) and SEND Confirm new MPIN and SEND.
- Then, you will get a response – “Your MPIN is changed”
After MPIN successfully changed, you will get another message: Validation from handset successful. Then follow the steps to activate SBI Mobile banking on your handset through Debit Card.
Steps to Activate SBI Mobile Banking – Using ATM cum Debit Card
- To activate your SBI Anywhere Personal App, you need to visit your nearest SBI ATM
- Insert the Debit Card in ATM machine for sbi mobile number registration
- Then select the option ‘Mobile Registration’ for and then select “Mobile Banking”
- Under Mobile Banking, choose the option ‘Registration’; enter your 10 digit mobile number which should be already registered with the Bank and Select „Yes‟.
- When the number is displayed again over on the ATM screen, choose „confirm‟ and collect the transaction slip confirming the registration.
- You will receive an SMS regarding activation of your account on your registered mobile number. After successful completion, you can use all the services offered under the Mobile Banking Service.
SBI Mobile Banking Customer Care
Toll Free Number: 1800 11 2211 / 1800 425 3800
This web page is totally dedicated to the “How to Activate SBI Mobile Banking Using ATM cum Debit Card”.
You can bookmark this webpage to get more details.