- 1 SBI Net Banking Activation – FAQ’s
- 2 Steps to Activate SBI Net Banking
- 2.1 Offline Method – By Visiting SBI Bank Branch:
- 2.2 Online Method – By without Visiting Bank Branch / Visiting the official website:
- 3 Benefits of Activating SBI Internet Banking
- 3.1 Check Account Statement
- 3.2 Get e-Statement
- 3.3 Stop Cheque Payment
- 3.4 Funds Transfer in your Own SBI A/c
- 3.5 Intra Bank Fund Transfer (SBI to SBI)
- 3.6 Inter Bank Fund Transfer (SBI to Others)
- 3.7 International Funds Transfer
- 3.8 Credit Card Bill Payment
- 3.9 SBI Life Premium Payment
- 3.10 Top Up Recharges
- 3.11 Open e-TDR / e-STDR Fixed Deposit
- 3.12 Open New e-RD / e-SBI Flexi Deposit
- 3.13 Open e-Annuity Deposits
- 3.14 TDS Enquiry
- 3.15 View & pay State Govt. Taxes / Indirect Taxes
- 3.16 View Income Tax Statement
- 3.17 Reprint Challan
- 3.18 Link Aadhar Number with SBI
- 3.19 Link LPG ID with SBI
- 3.20 Apply Online for Social Security Schemes (PMJJBY, PMSBY, ABY)
- 3.21 Link PAN with SBI
- 3.22 Send request for New Cheque book
How to Register/Activate SBI Net Banking – [Using Debit Card]: Nowadays, customers can acquire net banking at the time of a new sbi online account opening with PPK kit.
But if you are an existing customer of SBI India then you should register for net banking separately.
So, you can activate net banking by visiting SBI bank branch or you can activate it in online mode also from the official website of SBI.
To activate SBI Net Banking without Visiting SBI Branch, you should have your ATM cum Debit card and registered mobile number.
Complete information is given below, check activate net banking without visiting SBI bank.
Before moving ahead to the registration process, let’s cover all the Frequently Asked Question Related to SBI Internet Banking Banking Action.
SBI Net Banking Activation – FAQ’s
Q.1) Can I apply for Net Banking without visiting the branch?
Q.2) How can I Activate Net Banking in SBI?
Q.3) How do I proceed to complete Net Banking Registration?
Q.4) How do I get my SBI Internet Banking Username & Password?
Q.5) Can I Login to SBI Online Banking without KIT?
These are the major question related to SBI Net Banking Action.
The answer to all the above-mentioned question has been described below.
Just go ahead and read it, we are sure that you will find your answer and you will be satisfied by the answer.
Steps to Activate SBI Net Banking
Net banking provides us many benefits for our banking activities.
We can maintain our account and perform several bank transactions along with balance enquiry, cheque book request etc.
without visiting the bank. Same as, if we want to activate SBI net banking without visiting a bank branch, then we can also do it easily from SBI official portal.
It is very simple to activate SBI net banking. Now, just follow the simple steps given below to activate the SBI Net banking very easily:-
Note: If you have already got Pre-Printed Kit (PPK) from the SBI branch for activating Internet Banking facility, then you don’t proceed with “New User Registration” link. You can enter your user ID and the password given in PP Kit on the login screen.
Offline Method – By Visiting SBI Bank Branch:
- Firstly, SBI customer need to visit the SBI home branch and fill the form for Internet Banking Activation
- When you will register for internet banking service then you will receive the SBI internet banking activation KIT Via speed post.
- Once you will receive the internet banking activation KIT then go to the official website of SBI.
- Since you are Login for the first time, therefore you need to take care of following things so that you can easily activate SBI net banking.
- Firstly, you need to create a net banking “User ID”
- Secondly, you need to create a net banking “Password”
- Thirdly, you will need a “Profile Password”
- Once you will visit the official website of SBI, you need to click on “Login” button of personal banking section.
- Then click on “Continue to login” button
- Then enter then “USER ID” – provided in Internet Banking KIT by SBI to activate SBI Net banking
- After that enter, the “PASSWORD” – provided in sbi site log in KIT
- Then click on the “Log in” button
- Once you will be successfully logged in, then you can create a desired “USERNAME” & “PASSWORD”
- Also, you can create a “PROFILE PASSWORD”
- Finally, memorise your “USERNAME”, “PASSWORD” & “PROFILE PASSWORD”
- Also, you can write in your diary or a safer place from where you can retrieve it in future
Online Method – By without Visiting Bank Branch / Visiting the official website:
Now it’s possible to register for SBI Net Banking Online. Earlier, if you had to activate SBI net banking, it was mandatory that you had to go to the bank branch and fill up the internet banking activation form but now it is not necessary.
Now you can activate your net banking only after sitting at home, there is no need to go to the bank branch to do this.
In this method, “NOT ACTIVATION KIT will be required“.
Visiting Official Website
- Firstly, you go to State Bank’s official website
- You will see the option of “New User Registration” in the sbi online Personal Banking section, just click on that option.
- As soon as you click on “New User Registration“, you will see a popup that says:
“If you have already received Pre-Printed Kit from the branch for activating INB facility, Please do not proceed with this link. You can input user id and password given in PPK on the normal login screen.”
- You just click on the “OK” button
Filling the SBI Net Banking Registration Form
After that, a form will open where you have to fill the following things:
- Account Number
- CIF Number (You will get this from your State Bank Passbook)
- Branch Code (You will get this also from your Passbook)
- Registered Mobile Number
- Facility Required (Select the option of Full Transaction Rights)
- Enter the text as shown in the image
- After submission of above details, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP into the website text box field and then click on proceed button.
- On successful validation and verification of OTP, you will see the internet banking page that displays two options;
- I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit).
- I do not have my ATM card (INB activation by branch).
Using Debit Card for Registration Process
- You will need to choose the first option for online activation “I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit” and then click proceed. (In case you choose 2nd option than the sbi online banking sign in password will reach at your registered address in an envelope within a maximum of 10 days by post).
- Then, SBI payment gateway page will open where you will have to fill your debit card details such as Name printed on the card, card number, validity-thru/Expiry Date, ATM PIN & the captcha then click ‘submit’ button.
- After successful validation, the secured system will display your temporary username.
Creating Password for New SBI Net Banking
- Then the system will prompt you to set a new net banking login password for your SBI account. Now, enter a new password, confirm it again and then click submit.
Note: You must create a safe & secure password
- Once you set the password, you will see a message on the screen displayed that “Successfully registered for Internet Banking”.
- Then, you will get the temporary username with PPK Number on your registered mobile number. You should note that the temporary username is given for the first time login and you should change it on the first
Once you are logged in then follow the Steps 10 to Steps 14 provided “Offline Activation Process” section of this article. By following these steps you can create your desired username, password & profile password
Benefits of Activating SBI Internet Banking
There are so many benefits of SBI Net Banking. Once you activate SBI Net banking, you can do hassle free transaction without visiting SBI Branch.
Check all the benefits of activating SBI Net Banking below:-
Check Account Statement
Earlier you need to visit your SBH Branch and make an updated entry in your “SBI Passbook” to see the account statement.
Once you activate your State Bank of India Net Banking Service then it will be easy for you to check the account statement anytime you want.
You do not need to go anywhere now to check your account statement.
e-statement is an internet banking which allows you to get your account statement & sbi online banking transactions on your email id.
You can register yourself to receive an e-statement of your State Bank of India Bank Account on different time frequency.
You can set the frequency of e-statement daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or half yearly.
Stop Cheque Payment
Suppose you have lost one of your cheque which you have filled to give someone or suppose you have given a cheque to someone and found that the person you have given the cheque is a fraud.
In that case, you would surely want to make a request to stop the cheque.
But if you do not have the internet banking facility then you have to visit your SBI branch and submit a letter to bank requesting them to stop the cheque with specific cheque number.
But, if you have the internet banking facility then you can do this task very easily.
Funds Transfer in your Own SBI A/c
Using SBI Net Banking you can transfer funds to your own another SBI Account i.e Loan Account etc.
For that, you need not visit the bank.
Intra Bank Fund Transfer (SBI to SBI)
Intra Bank Fund transfer Term is used for transferring the funds within a bank.
For Example, if you and your friend both have an account in state bank of India and you need to transfer the funds to your friend.
In that case, you can transfer the funds to your friends using SBI Intra Bank Fund Transfer.
For that, you need to do SBI Login and go to “payment/transfers” and click on “within SBI Transfer”
Inter Bank Fund Transfer (SBI to Others)
Unlike Intra Bank Fund Transfer, In Inter Bank Fund transfer you can send funds to other bank’s account also.
Just add the beneficiary and start sending payments.
International Funds Transfer
International Fund transfer is one of the best features of SBI Net Banking.
If you have sbi net banking facility activated in your account then you can easily transfer funds to your Son / Daughter studying in abroad or your relative living in abroad.
Credit Card Bill Payment
If you have a credit card (offered by any bank) then you can make payment for a credit card using the internet banking facility of SBI.
SBI Life Premium Payment
If you are having an SBI Life Policy then using the internet banking facility of SBI you can make payment of policy premium.
Now you need not hand over the policy premium payment to any agent or you need to visit the sbi branch to make the payment.
Just login to SBI and make the policy premium payment.
Top Up Recharges
If you have internet banking enabled and activated in your SBI then you can make “Top Up Recharge” directly from your SBI Account.
Open e-TDR / e-STDR Fixed Deposit
If you want to open e-TDR / e-STDR fixed deposit then you can use the net banking facility.
Open New e-RD / e-SBI Flexi Deposit
To open a new e-RD / e-SBI flexi deposit with state bank of India you should access the SBI Internet Banking.
Open e-Annuity Deposits
SBI customers can also open an e-Annuity Deposit with the help of internet banking facility.
If you need information about your TDS then you can use the Internet Banking facility.
View & pay State Govt. Taxes / Indirect Taxes
Earlier, when someone has to make payment for state Govt. taxes then, they used to visit the tax office to make the payment of the tax for but it’s easier with internet banking facility.
View Income Tax Statement
With the help of SBI Net banking, you can view your income tax statement.
To do this just login to your SBI Internet Banking then go to “e-tax” option and finally click on “View Income Tax Statement”
If you someone who have sbi internet banking and he/she lost the “Challan” then he/she can reprint the challan by using State Bank of India Net Banking service.
Link Aadhar Number with SBI
Aadhar is one the important document these days. Without Aadhar your life is incomplete.
All the private and government banks in India made Aadhar compulsory.
Everyone has to link their Aadhar Card with the bank account.
So, using internet banking facility it’s easier to link the aadhar card without visiting the bank branch and standing in the queue.
Link LPG ID with SBI
To get the benefit of direct subsidy transfer, you need to link your LPD ID With Bank.
Using the internet banking facility of State Bank of India, you can link lpg id.
Apply Online for Social Security Schemes (PMJJBY, PMSBY, ABY)
Our prime minister has launched many social schemes like PMJJBY, PMSBY, ABY. You can apply and take benefits of these schemes using the net banking feature.
Link PAN with SBI
If you have not liked your PAN with your SBI then you can do this right now with the help of SBI net banking.
Send request for New Cheque book
I personally like this feature the most.
Earlier, when my I used all the leaf of the chequebook then it’s a real problem for me to visit the branch and write an application requesting SBI to issue a new chequebook.
But once I activated the SBI Net Banking then it takes me just 60 seconds to request a new chequebook with the help of OnlineSBI Internet Banking facility.
Pay Epfo OnlineSBI : You can also pay EPFO Using State Bank of India Internet Banking
“SBI Internet Banking facility is really a boon for a lazy person like me”.
So this was all about “Activate SBI Net Banking“.
If you like this guide then share this article with all your friends on social media.
Also, you can bookmark this web page for latest updates.